Is a benefits consultation right for you?
Sometimes, you don’t know what you don’t know. In fact, this statement is true much of the time in almost every part of life. And navigating long-term care Medicaid benefits is no different.
Given the complexity of the application process and the differences from state to state, most people have no idea where to start. This confusion can lead families to delay applying for benefits because it feels too overwhelming, but delays can cost your loved one dearly.
Senior housing and long term care can easily cost $150,000 a year or more, so getting the benefits they deserve in a timely manner is crucial. But knowing how to do that is, understandably, something most people never learn.
However, at Eldercare Resource Planning, it’s our job to learn and know this process inside and out. And our comprehensive Benefits Consultation is the perfect starting point for many families. For some, it’s all they need. For others, it lays the foundation for a full Medicaid Planning package later down the road.
No matter what level of Medicaid awareness you have, a Benefits Consultation will provide clarity, confidence, and expertise for moving forward.
What Happens During a Benefits Consultation?
Your personalized consultation includes one hour with our co-founder and Certified Medicaid Planner™, Michael Guerrero.
During this phone or video meeting, you will have time to ask questions about Medicaid and the application process. You can also share your plans or goals for helping your loved one live a financially stable life with the care they need.
This flexible conversation has your comfort in mind. Our extensive experience in helping families with this process allows us to understand the frustrations of planning for long-term care. So this meeting is all about how we can serve you by providing answers and guidance.
No matter where you are in your knowledge of this process, we will meet you there.
A Focused Plan
Of course, this conversation can only serve you if you also get a blueprint for moving forward. After your meeting, you will receive a customized and clear action plan that details the following:
- An overview of everything discussed during the call
- An explanation of how your loved one can manage their resources to afford eldercare
- A localized estimate of the costs under different kinds of long-term care in your family member’s state
- Insider tips and step-by-step instructions on how to navigate benefits programs
- Referrals to our network of trusted local service providers, when appropriate
- A $350 credit that can be used towards our full Medicaid Planning service.
What to expect?
We start with a free phone consultation where we assess whether and how we can help and decide how to proceed. This call takes about 10 minutes. Next, we schedule a meeting where we review your family situation in detail. This is a one-hour call with our senior benefits adviser, a Certified Medicaid Planner, Michael Guerrero.
We then prepare a customized plan with cost projections, available benefits programs, and recommendations for making the most of your financial situation to best care for your elderly loved one. You will receive a written plan, outlining the discussed information, and providing a clear understanding of the best path forward for your family.
The plan will include:
- A clear, simple action plan on how you can afford eldercare;
- A localized estimate of the costs under different kinds of long-term care;
- Insider tips and step-by-step instructions on how to navigate benefits programs;
- Referrals to our network of trusted local service providers (when appropriate).
With a simple click of the button below, you’ll be on your way to significant peace of mind for you and your elderly family member. We can’t wait to talk with you.